Thursday, February 18, 2010

Change of Plans

After meeting with my trusty advisor, Sean, it was concluded that for the remaining duration of this independent study I will be producing necropsy reports on the seals I have and will necropsy. These in-depth reports will sharpen my vocabulary, prompt valuable investigatory explanations, and give me something tangible to present in addition to this journal during my independent study evaluation. Because time is so limited and at least 2 more necropsies need to be performed, these journal entries will become less frequent and will focus only on select topics I deem necessary. These select topics are what I perceive as gaps in my anatomical knowledge and include the nervous, endocrine, and circulatory systems in cetaceans as preliminary front-runners. My current collection of books (previously noted in this journal) will be consulted alongside new finds to produce the most efficient and specialized course of study for this limited time period. Finally, although I have extensively reviewed necropsy protocols, my familiarity with the actual Human Intervention forms is lacking. Writing these necropsy reports will undoubtedly help with accustoming me with these forms, but direct studying will also occur.

There's a lot left to do, so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment